1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. mikefocke replied to the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

Every time I see a post citing per mile costs, I look at mine and ask why would I consider buying a car like that when I have averaged 7...

Jun 7, 2024 at 3:08 PM
  2. Preebee liked bisco's post in the thread Interior Noise Level.

people have been using dynamat in their prius for the last 20 years. it is very effective, but labor intensive.

Jun 7, 2024 at 3:05 PM
  3. Preebee liked Will B's post in the thread Interior Noise Level.

Compared to my Gen1 and wifes Gen3, much quieter! I have the prime, so for around town on pure electric, REALLY QUIET!!! For the first...

Jun 7, 2024 at 3:05 PM
  4. Zeromus replied to the thread Interior Noise Level.

Same experience here. Even with the engine on, you kinda tune it out after a short while and you can easily speed quite a lot.

Jun 7, 2024 at 3:01 PM
  5. tat2boy liked Agronomy's post in the thread OEM spare tire install.

I used a hand saw and a half serrated knife, it was easy enough to cut through the foam and adjust what needed to be cut. But, yes. Huge...

Jun 7, 2024 at 3:00 PM
  6. Gokhan liked John321's post in the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

Was just thinking, we bought our PHEV because it was cheaper to drive on electric, with gas currently at $3.19 a gallon this type engine...

Jun 7, 2024 at 2:59 PM
  7. Zeromus liked bisco's post in the thread Rear powered door doesn't close.

not being upset about them scratching your car definitely makes you an anomaly :cool:

8. Gokhan liked bwilson4web's post in the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

Efficiency is always good. EV cross country is mixed. I drove 1,180 mi for ~$9/100 miles. Given $3..00/gal seen occasionally, that...

9. Mendel Leisk replied to the thread Loose Center Splash Shield rusted clip.

Do you have means to raise the car? Will make it a lot easier to see what’s going on. If it’s similar to Gen 3 there’s studs (or should...

Jun 7, 2024 at 2:48 PM
  10. lex replied to the thread Saying goodbye to the 2010.

Was the pistons/rings issue a recall, or was it affecting only some cars and addressed as needed? Imagine most owners would have taken...

Jun 7, 2024 at 2:46 PM
  11. rjparker replied to the thread Charging a newpriusbattery.

Agree the grid charger is an option or some Toyota dealers have the equipment to charge a totally discharged hv battery. It happens so...

Jun 7, 2024 at 2:31 PM
  12. 3PriusMike liked Zythryn's post in the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

Renewable energy can lower the cost of electricity. Other factors can raise it, even to the point of overwhelming the cost savings of...

Jun 7, 2024 at 2:30 PM
  13. 3PriusMike liked hill's post in the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

Lots of factors to consider if deciding between a 50% efficient ICE vs 90% EV. Safety - for instance. Hypothetical 45mph head on...

Jun 7, 2024 at 2:29 PM