1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. Trollbait replied to the thread Lexus RZ is selling $13,000 below MSRP in Southern California due to inventory surplus.

BEVs are closer to the 50/50 weight distribution than most cars available today, with the motor over the drive wheels. RWD is coming...

May 28, 2024 at 10:28 AM
  2. wxman replied to the thread Texas Starship Testing.

My first duty station with the National Weather Service was in Brownsville (BRO). Looks like it could be exceptionally warm and humid...

May 28, 2024 at 10:08 AM
  3. MrPete replied to the thread Leaking tons of oil.

Oil on the ground like that is pretty serious leakage. Definitely find the source! I would guess it is LESS likely to be a serious...

May 28, 2024 at 10:03 AM
  4. MrPete liked TMR-JWAP's post in the thread Leaking tons of oil.

Replacing multiple quarts, weekly, eliminates the need for oil changes.....I doubt it has time to be anything other than the new light...

May 28, 2024 at 10:02 AM
  5. Mendel Leisk replied to the thread EGR/Intake Service on 2013 Prius.

I prefer brake cleaner and (mostly) elbow grease. Not copious brake cleaner either, just enough to loosen up the deposits, then “floss”...

May 28, 2024 at 9:56 AM
  6. Trollbait liked soft_r's post in the thread 2020 Prime - car wash kills stereo speaker sound every time.

Dash seems like a silly place for water ingress. Yes water can wick up a wire vertically but it wouldn't be so fast acting that it'd...

May 28, 2024 at 9:48 AM
  7. jerrymildred attached a file to the thread ABS, VSC (!) light on but brakes work fine, except for the anti lock.

Nothing to do with fixing your current problem, but there are terminals under the hood in the fuse box for charging the 12V. No need to...

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 9.44.29 AM.png May 28, 2024 at 9:44 AM
  8. Mendel Leisk replied to the thread New Toyota Prime Gen 5 - Storage and Battery Maintenance for 2-3 Weeks.

For gen 5 Prius, at least for North American market, Toyota no longer supplies scissor jack or lug nut wrench. Part of their continuous...

May 28, 2024 at 9:44 AM
  9. Mendel Leisk liked qdllc's post in the thread EGR/Intake Service on 2013 Prius.

WOO HOO! It's back together and purring like a kitten. A 4 cylinder kitten, but a kitten nonetheless. Short of not knowing about the...

May 28, 2024 at 9:38 AM
  10. jerrymildred liked ozmatt's post in the thread Blown Head gasket rebuild....@297k.

Hey all :) hope you're all doing well, been ages since ive posted on here, not for any reason other than i stopped messing with cars and...

May 28, 2024 at 9:36 AM
  11. jerrymildred replied to the thread EGR/Intake Service on 2013 Prius.

That's a good point. And all the intake manifold needs is high pressure water anyway. Nice!! Most people leave something unplugged the...

May 28, 2024 at 9:35 AM
  12. jerrymildred liked qdllc's post in the thread EGR/Intake Service on 2013 Prius.

WOO HOO! It's back together and purring like a kitten. A 4 cylinder kitten, but a kitten nonetheless. Short of not knowing about the...

May 28, 2024 at 9:33 AM
  13. jerrymildred replied to the thread Gen 4 Prime (2020) not fully charging anymore.

After all these years? WOW!! Dr. P was what first popped into my head, but I used to use Engine Link, Car Scanner, or OBD Fusion. Not...

May 28, 2024 at 9:31 AM
  14. jerrymildred liked sylvaing's post in the thread Gen 4 Prime (2020) not fully charging anymore.

I wouldn't rely on Dr. Prius for a Prime. Email I got from them: I don’t think Dr. Prius App is fully calibrated for the 2017 Prime...

May 28, 2024 at 9:27 AM
  15. Chomot replied to the thread ABS, VSC (!) light on but brakes work fine, except for the anti lock.

I came to the same conclusion over the weekend from doing more research. As such I have one on order and it should arrive this week. I...

May 28, 2024 at 9:23 AM