1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. Trollbait liked Leadfoot J. McCoalroller's post in the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

That's useless hair splitting until you think about how it gets to the road. If the transmission won't let the engine spend much time in...

Jun 7, 2024 at 7:38 PM
  2. bkman liked rjparker's post in the thread 2012 Prius v transaxle fluid change.

Change it. Completely different on a eCVT which has no clutches to slip. Use Toyota fluid only.

Jun 7, 2024 at 7:37 PM
  3. bkman liked Mendel Leisk's post in the thread 2012 Prius v transaxle fluid change.

See relevant link in my signature for tips and info. On a phone, turn it landscape to see signatures.

Jun 7, 2024 at 7:37 PM
  4. Zeromus liked reallyreal's post in the thread Interior Noise Level.

I have the equivalent of the Prime in the US, tires are the Yokohama BluEarth-GT 19”, front windows are double glass. In terms of wind...

Jun 7, 2024 at 7:23 PM
  5. Gokhan replied to the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

Mazda has been targeting a 56% thermal efficiency, and Hyundai has been targeting a 50% thermal efficiency. So, 53% is right in the...

Jun 7, 2024 at 7:20 PM
  6. Tater25 liked bisco's post in the thread 2015 horn inop.

you can download the schematic from techinfo.toyota.com, and trace the problem. might be the horn, vermin chewed wiring, clock spring,...

Jun 7, 2024 at 7:16 PM
  7. Tater25 liked ChapmanF's post in the thread Horn Stopped Working.

If you hold the horn pad in the pressed position and turn the wheel around to different positions, does the horn beep in some places and...

Jun 7, 2024 at 7:06 PM
  8. Tater25 liked Jesse Melara's post in the thread Horn Stopped Working.

I found out what it was about 4 months ago by testing my panic button. Horn went off. Then one day when I turned my wheel and pressed...

Jun 7, 2024 at 7:05 PM
  9. Zythryn liked austingreen's post in the thread Gen 6 Prius engine will be a “game changer,” achieve a 53% thermal efficiency.

53% of course can be done with heat recovery (turbo charging but likely e-turbos). Mercedes first did this over a decade ago. The...

Jun 7, 2024 at 6:55 PM
  10. priuslyfe liked Tombukt2's post in the thread One of my Prius won't start (not started for 3 months) FIXED!! Wrong Spare Key.

Leave it on low now that that's that's no good If anything you'd have to come up with a way to apply the brake and put it in drive and...

Jun 7, 2024 at 6:41 PM
  11. priuslyfe liked Tombukt2's post in the thread One of my Prius won't start (not started for 3 months) FIXED!! Wrong Spare Key.

Wow things are really that bad in that area of Ohio really I hate to hear that I guess that's why we don't drive out that way since the...

12. priuslyfe replied to the thread One of my Prius won't start (not started for 3 months) FIXED!! Wrong Spare Key.

OK, wait so you have to apply the brakes as well to get the HV to recharge? If that's the case I'll wait till around 1am and drive it...

13. Tombukt2 replied to the thread One of my Prius won't start (not started for 3 months) FIXED!! Wrong Spare Key.

Wow things are really that bad in that area of Ohio really I hate to hear that I guess that's why we don't drive out that way since the...

Jun 7, 2024 at 6:37 PM
  14. Tombukt2 replied to the thread One of my Prius won't start (not started for 3 months) FIXED!! Wrong Spare Key.

Leave it on low now that that's that's no good If anything you'd have to come up with a way to apply the brake and put it in drive and...

Jun 7, 2024 at 6:35 PM