1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. bwilson4web replied to the thread Texas Starship Testing.

This one I might go see: 1,214 mi, 20 hrs Plenty of affordable hotels and RV parks Leave to arrive at Brownsville, pre-dawn, June 4th....

May 26, 2024 at 11:04 AM
  2. Trollbait replied to the thread Is Gen 5 Prius really better-looking than Gen 4 Prius Prime?.

People driving a car with DRLs on, but with no auto headlight system, forget they have only the DRLs on. Which means there will be cars...

May 26, 2024 at 11:03 AM
  3. mr_guy_mann replied to the thread Prepping for ABS Actuator Replacement.

I've got the ThinkDiag for my smartphone, and it seems to do just about everything that Techstream does. ThinkDiag 2 is an "updated"...

May 26, 2024 at 11:00 AM
  4. mohater liked mr_guy_mann's post in the thread Questions on rebuilding hybrid battery, make sure I'm on the right track.

You will want to check the orange connector pins in the battery ecu for corrosion. I have many scantools, but when I want to monitor...

May 26, 2024 at 10:56 AM
  5. mr_guy_mann replied to the thread Questions on rebuilding hybrid battery, make sure I'm on the right track.

You will want to check the orange connector pins in the battery ecu for corrosion. I have many scantools, but when I want to monitor...

May 26, 2024 at 10:51 AM
  6. Tombukt2 replied to the thread how do you find what trim level you have on your prius.

Look the plate in door cr /tr is trim code usually way down at the bottom a bit below the centered VIN number along that bottom row CRTR...

May 26, 2024 at 10:42 AM
  7. mohater replied to the thread Questions on rebuilding hybrid battery, make sure I'm on the right track.

Thanks, just needed the value. Time to order, replace, torque and see what happens.

May 26, 2024 at 10:34 AM
  8. mohater liked ColoradoCrow's post in the thread Questions on rebuilding hybrid battery, make sure I'm on the right track.

48 inch pounds..... yes....Toyota states 48 inch pounds for the module fasteners, which includes the positive/negative terminals and...

May 26, 2024 at 10:34 AM
  9. zoeboi954 replied to the thread how do you find what trim level you have on your prius.

awesome i have a level 5, leds with adaptive cruise. Thanks so much

May 26, 2024 at 10:30 AM
  10. mr_guy_mann replied to the thread ABS, VSC (!) light on but brakes work fine, except for the anti lock.

You would benefit from having a capable scantool. Here's a thread that reviews several apps and devices....

May 26, 2024 at 10:29 AM
  11. HacksawMark replied to the thread Is Gen 5 Prius really better-looking than Gen 4 Prius Prime?.

Allocations are a lot different than actually ordering a vehicle from the factory with $$ involved. That plus the time involved for the...

May 26, 2024 at 10:28 AM
  12. mr_guy_mann attached a file to the thread 2009 Prius - Warnings and will not engage..

As long as there is no corrosion at the orange connector of your battery ecu, you should have no problems. Take before and after pics...

IMG_20240515_143222446_HDR_AE.jpeg IMG_20240515_142742397b.jpeg May 26, 2024 at 10:26 AM
  13. MikeDee liked ForestBeekeeper's post in the thread TOYOTA HYBRIDS.

If one car out of every 10,000 has a head gasket issue, I would not call that an 'inevitable' problem. I drive a 2011 Gen 3 with over...

May 26, 2024 at 10:23 AM
  14. ColoradoCrow replied to the thread Questions on rebuilding hybrid battery, make sure I'm on the right track.

48 inch pounds..... yes....Toyota states 48 inch pounds for the module fasteners, which includes the positive/negative terminals and...

May 26, 2024 at 10:23 AM