1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at PriusChat.

1. Preebee liked dbstoo's post in the thread Is Gen 5 Prius really better-looking than Gen 4 Prius Prime?.

Just to throw out another experience... I'm 5'11 and 210 lbs. Before buying the 2024 model I visited a local dealer where I "test...

May 27, 2024 at 5:10 PM
  2. Mendel Leisk replied to the thread EGR/Intake Service on 2013 Prius.

I would only use them on stainless steel components, namely the EGR pipe (between EGR valve and intake manifold) and the cooler. You...

May 27, 2024 at 5:08 PM
  3. mr_guy_mann attached a file to the thread Fuel Door Won't Close (pics Attached).

The fuel door latch consists of a spring loaded plastic pin that engages the "hook" on the door. When you pull on the release handle, a...

IMG_20240527_165758878_HDR_AE.jpeg May 27, 2024 at 5:06 PM
  4. Mendel Leisk replied to the thread Aftermath of EGR Cooler Cleaning Project.

Newly acquired? Carb Cleaner (aka Carburetor Cleaner) is what you want to use for cleaning the throttle body. FWIW, WD40 isn't too bad,...

May 27, 2024 at 5:03 PM
  5. mr_guy_mann replied to the thread Won't go into drive, hybrid system issue.

If the red triangle warning light comes on, then there's very likely going to be fault codes in one or more of the ecu's for the hybrid...

May 27, 2024 at 4:55 PM
  6. sylvaing replied to the thread One of these things is not like the other.

Big jobs will have them delivered. That's what I did when I built my cottage. The "oups, I miss one or two" type of load did fit into my...

May 27, 2024 at 4:44 PM
  7. mr_guy_mann attached a file to the thread Timing chain endurance miles vs. years?.

Also the timing chain design does have plastic guides - one for the chain tensioner, and a metal backed guide opposite that. [ATTACH]...

Screenshot_20240527-164009.jpeg May 27, 2024 at 4:44 PM
  8. Mendel Leisk attached a file to the thread What causes headgaskets to blow?.

Borowing @Carall’s pic: the colloquial name for what Toyota calls “pipe” is “cooler”, which is apt. Reduced air flow aside, how well is...

IMG_4289.jpeg May 27, 2024 at 4:42 PM
  9. mr_guy_mann replied to the thread Timing chain endurance miles vs. years?.

It's as much a question of maintenance as mileage (use). My 2006 has 220k and no indication of chain stretch. Dipstick had no varnish...

May 27, 2024 at 4:37 PM
  10. Mendel Leisk liked MikeDee's post in the thread What causes headgaskets to blow?.

There you go Mendel. More proof that the EGR system has no bearing on head gasket life. I pity the fool (Mr. T quote on the A Team) that...

May 27, 2024 at 4:35 PM
  11. sylvaing replied to the thread TPMS throws errors after driving for a while.

That makes total sense. I should have thought of that lol. I guess unless having a RF reader, the easiest way is to deflate three tires,...

May 27, 2024 at 4:35 PM
  12. mr_guy_mann replied to the thread Help programming Smartkey for auto unlock & start? Initially worked from pocket. help restore? 2008.

First thing is to check that the SKS is turned on. If you look under the steering column at the dashboard, there are 2 buttons. The...

May 27, 2024 at 4:28 PM