1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Odometer reading

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by ronlewis, May 23, 2024.

1. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    This anamoly has come back to bite me. Recall that I swapped combination meters (odometer display) between cars to see if that was the source of an electrical issue. When I did, the odometer displayed the mileage of the car it came out of, rather than the one it's in now. Well, it didn't solve the problem, but somewhere in the process, I can't find the original combo meter, the one with the accurate 70k reading rather than the +200k miles the spare one I had shows.

Does anyone know how to make the combo meter read the mileage from the car it's in? Where is the source of that data? I would think it's in the ECM and not the ComboECU. It can't be that it's as simple as changing combo meters to defraud folks about the mileage.

I see a process in the Service Manual for resetting the "inclination sensor" that is associated with the combo meter, but there's not another mention of that sensor in the manual. This is a beautiful 70k car; I want the odometer to be accurate.